Today I am bringing you a simple & delicious cocktail, Grapefruit & Clementine Fizz, perfect for happy hour or a little weekend relaxation. It brings together some wonderful winter citrus flavors with a little added fizz and a shot of vodka. Yup, after the week that I have had I will just go ahead and say I need
Confession-I am a grapefruit addict. I could be addicted to worse, right?
In my family it has always been known that grapefruit is one of my favorite foods (do you see a trend? cranberries, grapefruit, lemons…). I get the strangest looks from my husband as I dig my pointy grapefruit spoon into that delicious fruit and repeatedly say “this is the best grapefruit ever.” Somehow each one if better than the last!
I saw this cocktail in Better Homes & Gardens and was inspired to whip something up that was similar. It uses Izze, which is a sparkling juice (SO GOOD) so hopefully you can find it at your local grocery store, otherwise any sparkling juice will do. I hope you enjoy your Friday & the upcoming weekend.
- Approximately ½ a glass of Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (or from concentrate)
- ½ of a bottle of clementine Izze
- 1 shot of vodka of your choice (more for the brave)
- Fill a tall glass half full with ice cubes.
- Put one shot of vodka into a tall glass.
- Fill the glass with equal parts grapefruit juice and clementine Izze.
- Stir and garnish with a slice of grapefruit.