- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ of a box of pasta (I use whole wheat)
- ½ medium or large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup of corn (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cilantro (a little extra for garnish)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of Mexican oregano (or regular oregano)
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. Once cooked run the pasta under cold water to stop the pasta from cooking further. Set aside.
- In a long mixing bowl combine black beans, green pepper, red pepper, corn and cherry tomatoes and mix well. Add pasta and continue to mix.
- In a small food processor combine the cilantro, olive oil, lime, garlic powder and Mexican Oregano. Blend well.
- Drizzle this cilantro dressing over the pasta salad and mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Have a fun weekend & stay warm.