We got a lot of snow (well only 5 inches, but it is the most this winter).
I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend! My parents are on their way from Tennessee to spend the weekend with us and I am SO excited. Anytime my family visits is a special time for me since we don’t get to see each other enough. It has been since Christmas!
Now moving on to this bright and beautiful pasta salad.
Do you think pasta salads are just for the warm weather?
Think again! Pasta salads are a great way to incorporate vegetables, beans and whole grain pasta in one delicious dish.
It makes a perfect lunch or side to dinner. In the summer bring this to a picnic (just typing that makes me excited).
I also try to make them as much as possible to feed my toddler throughout the week. It is an easy finger food for the little ones.
Like this Greek Pasta Salad and Chicken Bistro Pasta Salad, Mexican Pasta Salad is kid tested and mother approved (ok, that was cheesy but I had to).
Mexican Pasta Salad
Recipe type: Salad
A flavorful pasta salad bringing together the flavors of Mexico with fresh cilantro, black beans, tomato, peppers, corn and a light cilantro lime dressing.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ of a box of pasta (I use whole wheat)
- ½ medium or large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup of corn (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cilantro (a little extra for garnish)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of Mexican oregano (or regular oregano)
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. Once cooked run the pasta under cold water to stop the pasta from cooking further. Set aside.
- In a long mixing bowl combine black beans, green pepper, red pepper, corn and cherry tomatoes and mix well. Add pasta and continue to mix.
- In a small food processor combine the cilantro, olive oil, lime, garlic powder and Mexican Oregano. Blend well.
- Drizzle this cilantro dressing over the pasta salad and mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
The cilantro dressing would be great on other salads as well.
Have a fun weekend & stay warm.