- ¾ of a box of a 1 lb. box of pasta (I use whole wheat)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ large green pepper, chopped
- ½ large red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup of corn (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (a little extra for garnish)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Mexican oregano (or regular oregano if Mexican oregano is too spicy for you}
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. Once cooked run the pasta under cold water to stop the pasta from cooking further. Set aside.
- In a long mixing bowl combine black beans, green pepper, red pepper, corn and cherry tomatoes and mix well. Add pasta once cooled and continue to mix.
- In a small food processor combine the cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, Mexican oregano. Blend well until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle this cilantro dressing over the pasta salad and mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Have a fun weekend & stay warm.