Do you want to know what is on my mind today (most days in the winter)?
This sunset in Key West…
Or the best cup of coffee I ever had in the mountains of El Valle, Panama….
Or this secluded beach in Panama that my husband and I got to enjoy…
This sunset at the top of the sand dunes in the Outer Banks, NC..
Or even better, this sunset in Hawaii..
Or this one…
Or experiencing a little Pure Michigan.
I am guilty…my mind is filled with these pictures, memories and the feeling of warm weather, colorful surroundings and beautiful sunsets.
In my short 31 years of life I have come to the realization that I am a warm weather person. I have always loved beaches and warm weather but now that I am older for some reason it is even worse!
I am still trying to figure out ways to cure the winter blues (other than eating comfort food constantly and hibernating the minute I get home from work) and ideas are greatly appreciated?
Until then I will sip on this “tropical smoothie”…
Cheers to warmer days!
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled and halved
- ½ cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- ½ mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- If I am using frozen fruit I blend that first to make sure it gets chopped up. Add all remaining ingredients and blend for 30 seconds. Using spatula wipe the sides of the blender and blend for 1-2 more minutes or until everything is blended.
- Garnish with pineapple and enjoy!
Enjoy your Friday and your weekend!