White Pear and Apple Sangria
Before we get to the White Pear and Apple Sangria recipe- Do you love pretty jewelry?
And what goes with jewelry and appetizers?
Sangria of course…
I made this White Pear and Apple Sangria and it was hit (my husband, who was a bartender in his former life, helped of course)! I thought it was delicious and so did my guests. It is so easy to throw together and you can really modify the fruit to what’s in season or your tastes for that matter. Who doesn’t love something a little bubbly with the added benefits of fruit to nibble on!?
TIP: If you are like me and have to do things way in advance, I actually wanted to cut the fruit the morning of the party and didn’t want to make the sangria until a few hours before the party. I learned through my best friend google, that you can cut pears and apples and add ½ part water and ½ part lemon juice to keep it from browning. I did this and then used a strainer to drain the lemon & water mixture when I was ready to make the sangria. It worked perfectly and I didn’t taste the lemon at all.
White Pear and Apple Sangria Recipe
- 3 oz triple sec
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 1 bottle of pinot grigio wine (could also use sauvignon blanc)
- 1 pear, cubed
- 1 honey crisp apple, cubed
- ½ pint of raspberries
- Wash the fruit and put the raspberries in the pitcher and set aside. Cube the pear and apples and add to the pitcher.
- Pou1 bottle of white wine, ginger ale and triple sec over the fruit. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for several hours.
- To serve spoon the fruit into each glass and then pour sangria over the top of the fruit.
- Enjoy for a party, happy hour, with dinner…whatever you fancy!
I linked up with the Tuesday Talent Show over at Chef in Training. Check it out!
What’s your favorite cocktail to serve at a party? Do you like to try new ones every time or just go to that tried and true recipe?
Recipes from around the web:
2 Super Super Simple Sangria Recipes: A Beautiful Mess
Best Sangria Recipe Ever: Iowa Girl Eats
Blood Orange Sangria: Epicurean Mom