- Two 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 8 medium fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil and pepper to a food processor or blender. Pulse or blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Add the heavy cream, stir to combine, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until hot. Season with salt to taste and serve warm alongside your favorite bread or grilled cheese.