A sweet and spicy Asian cucumber salad is refreshing and the perfect amount of crunch.
- 1 large cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. of thai chili garlic sauce
- pinch of salt
- In a microwavable bowl add rice vinegar, sugar, chili garlic sauce, and salt.
- Heat the bowl in the microwave for 40 seconds.
- Stir the vinaigrette until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a medium size bowl add the cucumber, carrot and red onion.
- Pour vinaigrette over the cucumber mixture and toss until the salad is coated in the vinaigrette.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the jalapenos.