This creamy, flavorful Baked Avocado and Black Bean Dip makes the perfect dish for game day entertaining.
- 1–15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 avocado, skin and seed removed
- 1–15 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup sweet onion
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- Small handful of cilantro, stems removed
- 1/4 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- FOR GARNISH:
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, skin and seed removed, sliced
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor put all ingredients except for the cheese and the garnishes. Mix in the food processor until the dip reaches a smooth consistently, stirring from time to time if needed. Add more Greek yogurt if you want the dip to be a bit smoother.
- In a medium baking dish pour the dip and spread evenly and top with the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and the dip is hot.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with more freshly sliced avocado, cilantro and jalapenos. Serve with chips.
For a spicier dip substitute the cheese for 1/2 cup sharp cheddar and 1/2 cup pepper jack.[br]When I make this dip I like to set the garnishes out in little dishes so people can modify the dip to their tastes using cilantro, sliced avocado, jalapenos and lime wedges.