A creamy, healthy appetizer mixing avocado, cannelini beans, arugula, parsley and lime. Makes a great snack or spread on a sandwich.
- 1–15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, seeded and peeled, chopped into small sections
- 1/2 cup packed arugula
- 1/3 cup fresh flat leaf Italian parsley, stems removed
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/2 of a lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, extra to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, extra to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (more for creamier consistency)
- In a food processor combine beans, arugula, avocado, parsley, lime juice and zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse the mixture until it is coarsely chopped.
- Slowly add the olive oil while processing until the mixture becomes creamy. Add more olive oil if necessary to get to the consistency you want.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers or chips or spread it on a sandwich.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an air tight container.