A warm, cheesy spinach artichoke dip that is a great starter to your Thanksgiving meal or holiday party. Serve with pretzels, crusty bread, crackers or chips.
- 2 9oz packages frozen spinach, thawed and then squeeze out the liquid (some people do it between paper towels, I do it with my hands)
- 2 – 14oz cans of artichoke quarters , drained (or can do the equivalent of frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup Real Seal sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt (or you could sub in cream cheese)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan (divided in half)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use hand to squeeze water out of the defrosted spinach and put in the food processor or blender.
- Add artichokes, sour cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan, garlic cloves and red pepper flakes to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Put the spinach artichoke mixture in a 1 quart casserole or baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with bread, crackers, pretzels or chips.
I try to find artichokes in water and not the marinated kind because I do not like the added oil in this dip.