Baked Zucchini Boats are baked slices of zucchini topped with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half and then quartered
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Cut a medium zucchini in half and then cut each half into into fours. Using a spoon or a small cookie dough scooper, scoop out the inside of each zucchini boat and discard the insides.
- Rub each zucchini boat with olive oil, front and back and place on the baking sheet with the skin side down.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes down each zucchini boat (about three cherry tomatoes fit on each for me) and then top with shredded mozzarella, a dash of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the zucchini are soft. Remove from the oven and drizzle again with olive oil and garnish with freshly chopped basil.
You could use Parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella.[br]Feel free to add more spices: maybe oregano, parsley, thyme.[br]Before you put the cherry tomatoes on the zucchini boats you could also line each zucchini with a thin layer of pizza or marinara sauce for extra tomato taste.