A bagged salad, leftover rotisserie chicken and a few other simple ingredients makes this lunch come together in no time. This recipe packs perfectly in lunchboxes or layered in a mason jar for mom or dad.
- 1 package Earthbound Farm® Organic BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad Kit
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1 (14.5oz) 1 (14.5oz) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, diced
For a large salad:
- Place salad in a large bowl and top with chicken, avocado, cheese, chickpeas, pepper and eggs. Add dressing from salad kit and mix well.
For the mason jar option:
- Place the lettuce in the bottom of the mason jar and layer the remaining ingredients in each mason jar. Put the salad dressing in a separate container and pour a small amount into the mason jar and mix well when ready to eat the salad.