The velvety texture of this butter lettuce pairs wonderfully with oranges, avocados, red onion and radish topped with a light lime vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 small head of butter lettuce
- 1/3 cup sliced radishes (about 3 medium sized radishes)
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of an orange, cut into chunks
- 1/2 of an avocado
- **Dressing ingredients**
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Rinse the lettuce and use a salad spinner to dry. Set aside.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk or in a salad dressing container and put in refrigerator to chill.
- Trim the stem and any rough pieces off of the butter lettuce head. Tear pieces of the lettuce and put in a large salad bowl. Add the red onion, and radishes.
- Mix the salad with the lime dressing and toss gently. Garnish with the avocado and orange slices.
This type of green has a variety of names including butter lettuce, Boston Bibb, bibb or even a combo of those. My grocery store sells it under the name Boston Bibb lettuce. Great additions to this salad would be goat cheese, tomatoes, walnuts, or sesame seeds.