Caprese Pasta Skillet mixes fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, pasta and mozzarella to make a quick 30 minute meal that the whole family will love. Perfect dish to use up your summer garden tomatoes and basil!
- 6 oz linguine
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, chopped into chunks
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to box, drain water reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water when done and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the 6 Tablespoons olive oil and saute the tomatoes for two minutes. Add the garlic and oregano. Continue sauteing until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add in the reserved pasta water and simmer for an additional 1 minute stirring to combine.
- Add the pasta, basil and mozzarella and heat on low stirring until the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve warm garnished with fresh chopped basil.
Add grilled chicken to add protein to this dish.