A flavorful, cheesy black bean dip that will spice up any party.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained (15oz)
- 1 4oz can of green chilies, drained
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup salsa, I used medium but use whatever you want
- 1/4 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper (1/2 tsp for less spice)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar) + 1/4 cup of shredded cheese for top of dip
- Garnish options: chopped tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, jalapenos.
- Mix all ingredients by hand (except for garnish and cheese for top) in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, remove and sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes or until melted.
- Remove and garnish with chopped tomatoes, cilantro, chopped green onion and jalapenos, or whatever combination of garnish you prefer. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers (you can heat it back up in the oven for 5-10 minutes the next time you want to eat it).