Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are made a little bit healthier using whole wheat flour. You will love the chewy oatmeal and the warm chocolate as you take a bite of these.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 2 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack and then store in airtight container.