- For the Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- For the Salad:
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 (almost ripe) Nectarines, quartered
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup honey roasted pecans
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, about 8 cups roughly shredded
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together the hazelnut and olive oils, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Set Aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the two chicken breasts, fat cut off, with the salt, pepper, and cayenne on both sides.
- Place them in the skillet and brown each side for about two minutes, before turning the heat down to medium, covering the pan, and allow them to cook all the way though, about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken are cooking, cut your nectarines into chunks.
- Cut and rinse your lettuce, and crumble your Gorgonzola.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the heat and let it set for about five minutes before slicing it into pieces.
- Assemble your salad, with the romaine, nectarines, Gorgonzola, pecans, and chicken. Drizzle with dressing and Enjoy!