Zesty chicken tortilla soup–just plain good!
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- half an onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- juice from 2 large limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in saucepan with over medium-high heat and coat, add onion and zucchini and sautee until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle chile powder, salt and pepper and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the shredded chicken, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the chicken is heated through.
- Add the lime juice and taste for seasoning. Ladle into bowls and top with your favorite garnishes like avocado, cheese and cilantro. DIG IN!
The Chipotle Chili Powder is the spicy stuff–you want extra heat? throw in more.