Instead of re-posting her recipe and using my not so good pictures I figured you can stop over to her site to see the recipe & all the goodness she cooks up! But the part that I want to share with you…the Cilantro Lime Rice that Kristin made and puts in the black bean soup.
I love finding new ways to spice up rice, quinoa (check out my Italian Style Quinoa), any grain really. So when I saw her recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice I knew this was a good, easy recipe to share. This would be perfect to pair with taco night, as a side to a bowl of chili and of course to put in Kristin’s Black Bean Soup. I changed her recipe slightly but I think this is one of those rice dishes you can really tailor to your likes. Tomatoes, black beans, less lime, more lime..whatever your tastes desire.Print
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Bring water, oil, and salt to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add rice, place a lid on top, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer until rice is tender, (approx. 15 minutes).
- Stir to fluff then add lime juice, chopped cilantro and tomato.