Candied Cinnamon and Sugar Nut Mix makes a great edible gift to give this holiday season!
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
- 3 cups pecans, unsalted
- 3 cups almonds, unsalted
- 2 egg whites
- 2 TBSP water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together cashews, almonds and pecans. Set aside.
- Using a mixer beat together egg whites and water on medium-high until stiff peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Add cinnamon, sugar, salt and combine.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the nuts and mix well, making sure to coat all nuts. Spread nuts over the baking sheet distributing evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring twice. Allow to cool completely before eating.
Feel free to use whatever nut mixture you want or just one kind of nut.[br]You can half this recipe if you want a smaller portion.[br]This nut mixture stores great at room temperate in an air tight container for a few weeks.