Chewy Coconut Cranberry Granola Bars combine healthy oats, dried cranberries and coconut to create a chewy treat that the kids will love and be able to help you make in the kitchen.
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain granola
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (or dried fruit of your choice)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 13×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray, dust with 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour.
- Combine flour, baking powder in a small bowl and stir with a whisk.
- In a mixer combine sugar, vegetable oil, milk and eggs and beat on high until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to the mixer at a low speed until blended.
- Fold in granola and dried fruit and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 20 minutes (until just golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool completely and then cut into squares or bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Use whatever dried fruit you want–a mix, raisins, apricots, ect.[br]If you want to make these a sweeter treat add a cup of chocolate chips.