Columbian guacamole is a spicy twist on traditional guacamole mixing avocado, Serrano chiles and cilantro pureed into a smooth dip or sauce for meats.
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 4 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons sweet onion
- 2 Tablespoons Serrano Chilies, chopped with seeds (about 3–4 Serrano’s)
- 1/4 cup of water (more to thin out)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (more to thin out)
- Salt to taste
- Put avocado, cilantro, onion and Serrano chiles in a blender and puree until smooth. Slowly add water and the lime juice and puree until you reach your desired texture. Use more water and lime juice to taste to thin it out if necessary.
- Add salt to taste and fresh cilantro for garnish (if using as a dip).
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This guacamole is spicy–if you want less spice remove the seeds from the Serrano chiles or use less Serranos.