Cranberry Orange Bread is a sweet, flavorful bread that makes a perfect snack with a cup or tea or coffee. Give this as a gift for the holidays or make two loaves and freeze one for later.
It isn’t the holidays if there aren’t cranberries in my life. Cranberry sauce, cranberry bread, cranberries in smoothies. Cranberries just happen to be one of my top 5 favorite foods. I know…weird.
But I love the tart flavor and could eat bowls of them at Thanksgiving.
Cranberry Orange Bread is one of my favorite breads to make at the holidays. I like to eat this as a snack with a cup of tea or coffee and sometimes even have a piece as a treat for breakfast.
If you double this recipe you can easily freeze a loaf for later or give a loaf to a friend as a gift.
This was just one of the fun recipes Will and I did together this week while at my parents house.
We have been having fun decorating, playing and enjoying our time with the grandparents.
As you can see we have not been having any fun at all. 😉
Along with all of the fun we have been doing a lot of baking and cooking and this Cranberry Orange Bread was a huge hit with everyone including Will.
I left the nuts out of this bread so I could feed it to my 11 month old but feel free to add in walnuts which are a great addition.
Check out these other great fruit bread recipes from my fellow food blogger friends:
The Best Raspberry Bread // Averie Cooks
Blueberry Vanilla Bread with Lemon Glaze // Julia’s Album
Buttermilk Banana Blueberry Bread // Damn Delicious
- 2 cups flour (you can use 1 cup all purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoon orange zest (zest an orange peel) -you can use more or less depending on tastes
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2 cup nuts (walnuts is a good option)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a mixer combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the orange juice, oil, orange zest and egg and mix until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts (optional).s
- Spread the batter evenly in the loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 20 minutes. Place a cutting board on the counter and gently flip the loaf pan to release the bread onto the cupboard.
- Slice and serve.
This bread freezes great as well. Make sure it is cool and wrap in aluminum foil and then place in a large ziplock bag.