If you are Lebanese or eat a lot of Middle Eastern food then you probably have had some sort of Cucumber Salad. I have eaten many different variations of this salad, but this one from Cooking Light (with a few changes) is one of my favorites.
Cucumber Yogurt Salad is one of my favorite light salads. The yogurt dressing mixes parsley, dill and lemon to helps give it a nice flavor, keeping it healthy and refreshing. As with most salads this can be modified to your tastes!Print
A light and healthy salad mixing cucumber, tomato, red onion and mint with a delicious lemon-dill yogurt dressing.
- 1/4 cup of low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced (you can peel first if you prefer)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Combine first 9 ingredients in blender or food processor and process until blended.
- Combine the fresh mint, cucumber, tomato and onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
If you like this salad check out these other Middle Eastern Salads from other Food Bloggers: