Flavorful minestrone soup perfect starter to your meal or a meal itself.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili flakes
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can white beans or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 oz vegetable broth (2 1/2 cups)
- Parmesan rind
- 3/4 cup tubetti pasta
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large saucepan over medium. Add oil, then onion, carrot, celery, garlic and chili flakes. Cook until vegetables are slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, Parmesan rind, pasta and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pasta is tender, 10 to 11 min. Remove and discard Parmesan rind. Stir in spinach and simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan and basil.