Golden potatoes are drizzled with olive oil and garlic and baked until crispy and then topped with gouda and warmed until the cheese is warm and melted. Gouda Smashed Potatoes are the perfect holiday side dish that will impress your guests.
For the Gouda Smashed Potatoes:
- 1 ½ pound bag Side Delights® Steamables™ Golden Potatoes, steamed to package directions
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- Fresh parsley
- Turn your oven to broil.
- Steam the potatoes according to the package directions.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, salt, pepper and the minced garlic.
- Once the potatoes are done steaming place them on the baking sheet. Using a potato masher or the back or a spoon gently press the potatoes until flat.
- Using a spoon drizzle the olive oil mixture of the potatoes. Broil for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the gouda cheese on the potatoes. Return to the oven for 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
You can use any cheese you like for these potatoes-try sharp cheddar or mozzarella.
The red potatoes would also work great.