A hearty chili mixing tomatillos, ground turkey, white beans, vegetables & Cajun spice.
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 tsp. cajun spice
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 16oz can of white beans, canned and drained (great northern is what I use)
- 6 tomatillos, husked, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 8oz canned tomatoes (diced or stewed work)
- 1 4oz can green chilies with juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 of a lime, squeezed into chili for flavor
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped (more for garnish)
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Mexican style beer (I used Corona)
- Shredded cheese for garnish
- Heat large dutch oven or pot to medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic and olive oil and saute until lightly browned.
- Add Herbs de Provence, Cajun spice and cumin with ground turkey and cook, while stirring over high heat and make sure turkey is cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes to blend flavors.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed and additional spice as need.
- Serve in a big bowl topped with shredded cheese, cilantro and green onion (optional).
If you would rather use a full green or a full red pepper you can instead of the 1/2 of each.