I am so excited to share this Lemon Cucumber Salad Recipe! My husband and I have been quarantined to our house for the past two days due to a 24-hour stomach flu. We were both so pathetic and I am pretty sure it reminded us both to never take our health for granted…but we are on the mend and the house is back up and running. 🙂
Now on a completely different topic…Last week I discovered flat leaf parsley, and I love it! I have had a lot of experience using curly parsley and became most familiar with it in Tabouleh. This Lemon Cucumber Salad recipe called for flat leaf parsley, and I am so glad it did! I think it has a lot more flavor than curly version, perfect for adding flavor to dishes or adding into salads.
This Lemon Cucumber Salad is very light and has good crunch. It goes great with a weeknight meal or perfect to bring to a dinner with friends. Since my husband isn’t a fan of radishes I got to eat all of this salad myself (no, not in one sitting).
Start by chopping your veggies & parsley up and throw them in a mixing bowl.
Create your dressing (don’t forget the lemon zest)…
Mix it all together and enjoy! Pretty easy, right?
Beautiful colors and delicious taste.
Lemon Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the cucumber, radish, bell pepper and parsley.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine lemon rind and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour over cucumber mixture,
tosswell to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
It’s Your Turn
What is your favorite addition to salads? Is there something that every salad you eat has to have?
Use the comment box below to share.