These Brussels sprouts are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and flavored with lemon, olive oil, sea salt and topped with toasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. The perfect side dish to any meal.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine Brussels sprouts, olive oil, sea salt and pepper and toss.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes adding pine nuts and a drizzle of olive oil and squeezing half of the lemon over the Brussels sprouts with 5 minutes left in cooking (they should be crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and lightly golden/brown).
- Serve warm with Parmesan cheese and lemon zest for garnish (optional).
You will notice that the leaves of the Brussels sprouts that may fall off while cooking will be very brown. That is normal. You can dispose of those or if you like them extra crispy eat them.