Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Red Potatoes is a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
- 5 garlic cloves (3 minced;2 whole)
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil (a little extra to put on the bottom of the baking dish)
- 1 1/2 lemons (1 lemon sliced; 1/2 of a lemon juiced and zested)
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 red potatoes, sliced
- 4 skin-on, bone in chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Put the sliced lemon on the bottom of the baking dish and sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Add the red potatoes, 2 whole garlic cloves and onion on top of the lemon. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl add the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest and whisk together.
- Coat each chicken breast in the lemon juice mixture and arrange the chicken over the potatoes.
- Drizzle the remaining lemon mixture on top of the chicken along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lay the two sprigs of rosemary over the chicken and the 1 whole garlic clove.
- Roast for 50-55 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Once cool serve the chicken and potatoes with a salad or a side of spinach.
One thing I really like to do is take the pan juices after cooking and spoon a little bit over each chicken breast to add more flavor.