A flavorful pasta salad bringing together the flavors of Mexico with fresh cilantro, black beans, tomato, peppers, corn and a light cilantro lime dressing.
- 3/4 of a box of a 1 lb. box of pasta (I use whole wheat)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (a little extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Mexican oregano (or regular oregano if Mexican oregano is too spicy for you}
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. Once cooked run the pasta under cold water to stop the pasta from cooking further. Set aside.
- In a long mixing bowl combine black beans, green pepper, red pepper, corn and cherry tomatoes and mix well. Add pasta once cooled and continue to mix.
- In a small food processor combine the cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, Mexican oregano. Blend well until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle this cilantro dressing over the pasta salad and mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
If you refrigerate the salad you might need to add a bit more dressing if it gets soaked up.