- 1 bag of oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Candy coating
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Lollipop sticks
- Crush oreos by placing them in a food processor or zip lock bag and crushing them yourself. Add the crushed oreos in a bowl with the cream cheese and mix (I just used my hands). Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 20 or 30 minutes to firm up. Once firm, melt the candy coating in 30 second intervals in the microwave until candy coating is completely melted and smooth and runny.
- Dip 1/2 inch of each lollipop stick in the chocolate and insert into each cake ball. The chocolate acts as glue so the lollipop stick does not move.
- Once you have inserted all the lollipop sticks, check the candy coating to make sure it’s still runny and smooth. If it’s not, place back in the microwave for 10 seconds to warm through.
- Now, dip each cake ball, tap the stick against the bowl to remove any excess chocolate and place back on your non-stick sheet. If decorating with sprinkles, immediately decorate.
- Store cake pops in the refrigerator before serving.
If the candy coating or chocolate is not runny enough to dip the cake balls, add a teaspoon of vegetable shortening to help thin it out. Add more if necessary.