A peanut butter cookie with lots of chocolate with every bite.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top when done (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a slip mat.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour with the baking soda and baking powder and mix well. Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture making sure it is well combined. Add the chocolate chips and toffee pieces and mix.
- Place spoonfuls or a cookie scoop full of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Put in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (check at 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with sea salt (optional).
- Let cool for a few minutes then move to a wire rack to continue cooling. Eat a few of these bad boys and then keep them in a sealed container.
You can sub the 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and just use 1 1/2 all-purpose flour if you want.