The perfect holiday treat!
- 10 oz. (1 1/4 c.) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 10 oz. (1 1/4 c.) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c. peppermint candies (I used candy canes), crushed (I used 5 large candy canes)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the dark chocolate and place in microwave safe dish. Microwave for 3 minutes on medium (50%) power. Stir and microwave for 1 more minute. Remove and stir the chocolate to make sure all of it is melted.
- Pour the dark chocolate mixture on the foiled baking sheet and spread a thin, even layer so that the dark chocolate touches the sides of the baking sheet. Set baking sheet in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until hardened.
- While the dark chocolate is hardening in fridge put the candy canes into a ziplock bag and use mallet or other kitchen tool to crush the candy cane into small pieces. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the white chocolate and place in microwave safe dish. Microwave for 3 minutes on medium (50%) power. Stir and microwave for 1 more minute. Remove and stir the chocolate to make sure all of it is melted.
- Pour the white chocolate over the dark chocolate mixture and spread evenly making sure to coat the entire dark chocolate. Lightly sprinkle and press the candy cane into the top of the white chocolate.
- Return the baking sheet into the refrigerator until hardened. Break into pieces and store in refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
I followed Melissa’s advice to buy good, quality chocolates. I personally think it makes the peppermint bark taste that much better. I bought dark chocolate from Trader Joes (they sell packs of 3 dark chocolate bars so I bought 2 of those) and then I could only find Baker’s White Chocolate at Target so I used that. I thought it turned out great. You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate if you prefer.