Queso blanco dip is a warm, creamy, white cheese dip. This queso blanco dip recipe has a little extra kick that is sure to be a hit at your tailgate or party.
Queso Blanco Dip
Are you freezing yet? Well in Chicago it has been around 40 degrees this whole week and frost on my car in the morning. I like fall and would like more of that before getting into the 30 degrees temps! Hopefully the temps rise just a little bit to help ease us into winter.
Now that it is October and football season is in full swing I thought I would share an easy dip recipe that I find addictive and delicious. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I like to indulge. Any kind of warm cheese dip is one of those indulgences for me. I don’t make it often, but when I do, I am one happy girl. It might not help that I am pregnant and my cravings have started to reach an all time high.
Cheese is an addiction for me. AND I am married to a Wisconsin native who loves cheese curds and all things cheese. If I go into a store that is giving away cheese samples, I have to try them all—which means I usually walk away buying at least two of the cheeses to take home. I love how versatile cheese is. It can go in dips, on tacos, in pasta bakes, with a glass of wine, or if you are like me, you eat a few slices of cheese on their own.
Today I am sharing what I think is the ultimate cheese dip recipe. Queso Blanco Dip—creamy, warm, flavorful, with a little kick.
You will get your daily dose of calcium with this appetizer recipe!
Make this Queso Blanco Dip for your next party or tailgate and keep it warm in a slow cooker or dip warmer. It promises to be a hit with all of your cheese loving guests. 😉
Things you may need to make this queso blanco dip recipe:
Note: These are affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links. This helps me keep my kitchen stocked with the ingredients I need to create delicious, healthy recipes for you!
Queso Blanco Dip
A warm, creamy queso dip with a kick makes a great appetizer for a tailgate or party.
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet white onion, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces white American cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cream (or whole milk)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1-15oz can diced tomatoes with chilies, drained (I used Rotel)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic, onion and jalapeno pepper until softened and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the shredded cheese and cream. Continuously stir until melted.
- Stir in the tomatoes and diced green chilies, chopped cilantro, cumin and chili powder and continue to heat for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Serve with chips immediately.
I went to the deli counter and asked for a 10oz block of white American cheese. I like to buy my cheese in blocks and shred it using my food processes (I think it tastes more fresh that way) but feel free to buy pre-shredded.
Instead of using Rotel you can use a can of diced tomatoes and a small can of diced green chilies.
This dip will get a little bit hard after maybe 20 minutes so if you plan to serve this at a party or get together I suggest using a small crockpot or dip warmer to keep it warm.
Adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride