Rainbow Thai Coleslaw with Sweet Cilantro-Lime Dressing is a colorful, healthy salad packed with vegetables and topped with Thai flavors. This salad makes a great dish to bring to a picnic or to share with a group.
- For the Slaw:
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal (green onions)
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (you can use salted)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sweet Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- For the slaw:
- Cook shelled edamame according to package.
- In a large bowl combine all vegetables, peanuts, fresh cilantro and cooked edamame.
- For the dressing:
- Put the oil, lime juice, salt, lime zest, cilantro into a blender and blend until smooth. Remove dressing from the blender and put into a salad dressing container or a mason jar. Add the sugar and whisk or shake to dissolve the sugar.
- Drizzle a half of the dressing onto the slaw and mix well. Refrigerate for one hour to let the dressing soak into the salad.
- When you are ready to serve the salad add the remaining dressing to taste, mix well and serve.
You can use salted or unsalted peanuts (or omit).[br]You can make this salad one day ahead and refrigerate. Do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve or the salad will get soggy.