Roasted Tomato and Whipped Goat Cheese Spread Recipe is all warm and gooey and perfect for crusty bread, on crackers or even a sandwich spread.
Fall has arrived…and I love it! I am a pretty big fan of warm weather but an even bigger fan of the crisp fall air. I hope you had a great weekend and got to go out and enjoy the weather. Will has already made a trip to see the pumpkins! 🙂
We had an exciting week last week and learned that we are having another BOY! Will is going to have a brother. It looks like I am totally outnumbered at this point. At first I was convinced we were having a girl then a week ago on the same night my husband and I both had a dream that we had a boy. I sort of felt like that was a sign…and yup, it was!
Roasted Tomato and Whipped Goat Cheese Spread
And now moving on to food–the reason you are here. Today’s recipe is a favorite of mine: Roasted Tomatoes and Whipped Goat Cheese Spread.
The marriage of two things I love– all warm and gooey and perfect for crusty bread, on crackers or even a sandwich spread. There is a tapas restaurant in Chicago that I love called Café Babareeba and they have a delicious Goat Cheese and Tomato Sauce tapas dish that I always get and proceed to eat more than half of myself! This dish reminds me of that but instead of a sauce, I used roasted cherry tomatoes from my garden.
Once again this year all of my tomatoes come ripe at the same time…right about now. Almost daily I walk in with more than 30 little cherry tomatoes (after my toddler has eaten at least 10). While I love them on salads I always feel like I need to use them in other ways too. Roasting tomatoes is easy and really brings out the flavor nicely—you can use them in a dish like this or in pasta, salads—the options are endless.
This appetizer uses roasted tomatoes as the topping to go over your warm, whipped goat cheese. I think this is the perfect end of summer, moving into fall dish.Print
A warm, gooey roasted tomato and whipped goat cheese dip. Perfect for crusty bread, crackers or as a sandwich spread.
- Roasted cherry tomatoes:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- Dash fresh black pepper
- Whipped goat cheese:
- 4 oz goat cheese (let sit out for 10 minutes to soften)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl put cherry tomatoes, 3 Tbsp. olive oil, sea salt, sugar and a dash of black pepper. Stir well to coat.
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil place the cherry tomatoes face down (I do another quick drizzle of olive oil and another dash of salt on top of the tomatoes at this point).
- Place tomatoes in oven to roast for 20-25 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting place goat cheese, minced garlic, olive oil and a pinch of salt into a mixer and mix on medium for 3-4 minutes until whipped.
- Use a small baking dish and spread the whipped goat cheese on the bottom.
- Remove tomatoes from oven when done roasting and let sit for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Once tomatoes are cool remove the skins and discard them.
- Put roasted tomatoes on top of the goat cheese and sprinkle salt and pepper and another quick drizzle of olive oil.
- Place baking dish in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is warm.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve with crusty bread, crackers or as a spread on sandwiches.
I like my bread a little warm to go with this spread–just pop the bread in the oven while you are baking the goat cheese for 5-8 minutes to warm it.