A vegetarian side dish mixing vegetables, garlic, lemon, rosemary and herbs.
- 1 zucchini, chopped into sections
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into quarters
- 1/2 lemon, cut in quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs (or use 1 tsp. dried rosemary)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 cup oil (olive oil or grape seed oil)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except 1 quarter of the lemon.
- Squeeze the 1 quarter of lemon over the vegetables and mix.
- On a baking sheet lined with foil spread vegetables.
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes stirring halfway through to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove from oven and let set for 2 minutes. Serve warm.
I checked the vegetables at 30 minutes to see how they were cooking. My oven took 40 minutes but keep an eye on them.