Quick and easy pasta dish, great for a busy weeknight meal.
- 1 (9-ounce) package of fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces Italian turkey sausage
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula leaves
- 2 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta according to the package. Drain in colander over a bowl, reserving 2/3 cup cooking liquid.
- While the pasta cooks, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casings from sausage and break into pieces, add to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, cover and cook 2 minutes mashing tomatoes with the wooden spoon to break them up.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low, cook 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Add pasta, reserved 2/3 cooking liquid, and arugula, toss well.
- Sprinkle with fresh pecorino Romano cheese and serve.