Apple Bourbon BBQ Pork Sandwiches is a quick and easy meal that cooks in the slow cooker while you go about your day. This recipe makes a lot so you can freeze some for later!
- Boneless Pork Shoulder (2 to 3 LBS.)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1–13oz pouch Cambells Apple Bourbon BBQ Slow Cooker Sauce
- Whole wheat buns
- Sliced apples
- Place pork in a slow cooker, add onions and pour sauce over the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours or until pork is tender.
- Shred pork with a fork and return to slow cooker, mix well with juices.
- Serve warm on whole wheat buns garnished with sliced apples, healthy coleslaw or pickles.
This recipe makes a lot of BBQ pork so depending on how many you are feeding you should have leftovers that you can freeze. I let it cool completely and then put individual portions into freezer bags with the name and date on the bag so I can grab it on a busy night.