Southwestern Quinoa Salad mixes red quinoa, fresh vegetables, black beans and corn with a light cilantro lime dressing. A great side dish to any meal or salad for lunch.
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, cooked (or quinoa of your choice)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 ear corn, cooked and taken off of the cob (or about 1/2 cup frozen or canned corn)
- 1/2 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped (or pepper of your choice)
- For the Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons, honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook the red quinoa according to the package and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the corn, black beans, green onion and red pepper. Add the quinoa and mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, cilantro, lime juice and chili powder. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and gently mix until the salad is coated with the dressing.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and green onions. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate.
Add avocado, tofu or chicken to make a full meal.