A sweet, salty and spicy pretzel and nut mix that makes the perfect snack on the go or something to bring to a get together or party.
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped and divided
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups tiny pretzels (unsalted or salted)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 tsp. thyme, salt, cinnamon and red pepper (optional) in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine the pecans and almonds on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Baked at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes, or until the nuts begin to brown.
- Combine the nut mixture and butter in a medium bowl, stirring until the butter melts.
- Stir in the pretzels and syrup. Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over pretzel and nut mixture and toss gently with tongs or two wooden spoons.
- Spread the pretzels evenly in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Sprinkle the remaining thyme over the cooked pretzel mixture.
- Cool completely and serve at a party, or eat as a snack on the go. Store in an air tight container.
Notes: If you don’t like spice then eliminate the red pepper or maybe cut it in half. You can get creative with this recipe and add things like cereal or different nuts.