It’s that time of year…the time of year when I have an abundance of perfectly ripe tomatoes from my garden. I LOVE tomatoes and this Tomato and Parmesan Toasted Baguette was the perfect way to use them up. It reminds me of my days in Barcelona eating Pan Con Tomate…so delicous.
This Tomato and Parmesan Toasted Baguette recipe only uses 4 simple ingredients: ripe tomatoes, good olive oil, fresh garlic and delicious Parmesan cheese.
and a baguette.
This is a simple way to use up tomatoes from the garden or the farmer’s market. It is a great side dish for a pasta meal or any meal for that matter. It also makes a great appetizer fro a summer party or barbecue.
Tomato and Parmesan Toasted Baguette
Small baguette loaf (Trader Joes sells a perfect small loaf which gave me about 8 slices)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
Shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the baguette and brush both sides of each piece with olive oil. Line a baking sheet with slices of bread. Toast in oven.
- While the bread is toasting, slice the tomato, mince the garlic and shave the parmesan cheese using a cheese grader (or buy the pre-shaved parmesan cheese).
- Use hand to rub minced garlic on one side of each slice of bread with garlic.
- Layer each with tomato and a few pieces of shaved parmesan on top of the tomato. Drizzle olive oil over the assembled pieces of bread. Bake for five minutes or until the cheese is beginning to melt.
Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Adapted from Not Without Salt