Do you want to know what is on my mind today (most days in the winter)?
This sunset in Key West…
Or the best cup of coffee I ever had in the mountains of El Valle, Panama….
Or this secluded beach in Panama that my husband and I got to enjoy…
This sunset at the top of the sand dunes in the Outer Banks, NC..
Or even better, this sunset in Hawaii..
Or this one…
Or experiencing a little Pure Michigan.
I am guilty…my mind is filled with these pictures, memories and the feeling of warm weather, colorful surroundings and beautiful sunsets.
In my short 31 years of life I have come to the realization that I am a warm weather person. I have always loved beaches and warm weather but now that I am older for some reason it is even worse!
I am still trying to figure out ways to cure the winter blues (other than eating comfort food constantly and hibernating the minute I get home from work) and ideas are greatly appreciated? 🙂
Until then I will sip on this “tropical smoothie”…
Cheers to warmer days!Print
A tropical smoothie mixing kiwi, mango, strawberry, pineapple and orange juice.
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- If I am using frozen fruit I blend that first to make sure it gets chopped up. Add all remaining ingredients and blend for 30 seconds. Using spatula wipe the sides of the blender and blend for 1-2 more minutes or until everything is blended.
- Garnish with pineapple and enjoy!
This makes one large smoothie or two small. If your smoothies are too watery try adding ice or more frozen fruit and blend more.
Enjoy your Friday and your weekend!