Zucchini fries are crunchy and healthy. Perfect for snacking, an appetizer or side dish.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c dried plain breadcrumbs (regular or panko)
- 2 medium uncooked zucchini
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (for crispier) or 425 degrees for those that like their fries less crispy.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or use aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together Italian seasoning, flour and salt and set aside. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and set aside. Place the 2 large eggs (the whites) in a separate dish and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and then each half into 2 pieces width wise. Next slice each chunk into 4 fries.
- Dredge the zucchini into flour, then egg whites, then the breadcrumbs making sure all sides are coated with each.
- Place coated zucchini on baking sheet and repeat for all zucchinis.
- Roast for about 10 minutes on 500 degrees or 12 minutes on 425 (until desired crispiness) turning once.
This technique works great on eggplant or summer squash as well. I baked mine on 500 degrees because I like fries crispy. You can bake them on 425 degrees for less crispy fries.