I am just going to be honest–this year the Super Bowl is all about the food for me! If the Packers were playing I might care more about the game (I jumped on that bandwagon when I married my husband).
Super Bowl food means lots of dips, finger foods and appetizers (check out my 35 game day recipe round-up for more fabulous ideas from other food bloggers). One thing I like to eat on game day is anything buffalo-buffalo chicken dip, buffalo wings or maybe layered buffalo chicken nachos (um, yum!). So for Sunday I decided to try out a healthier version of a buffalo dip using Greek yogurt and created this Healthy Buffalo Dip using a recipe I saw on Dannon’s website.
This dip is light and has just the right amount of heat and the great flavor of blue cheese mixed in. You have a lot of dipping options with this one–chips, celery or other vegetables, wings, crackers and the list goes on!
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt, 0% Plain
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (I used Franks Hot Sauce-use whatever you prefer)
- Vegetables, chicken fingers, popcorn shrimp or wings for dipping.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place in serving dish and garnish with extra blue cheese crumbles.
- Please dip in a serving dish and garnish with blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve dip with vegetables (I love it with celery), chicken fingers, chicken wings or popcorn shrimp.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container.
Adapted from Dannon Yogurt
Enjoy your weekend, the Super Bowl (food and/or football) and may the best team win!