Hi there everyone!
Sorry I have been a little MIA lately. Lots of stuff happening over here!
Last week we were on vacation and went to a wedding in Wisconsin. The wedding was in LaCrosse, WI and the ceremony was overlooking the Mississippi river.
It was just gorgeous. If you haven’t been to LaCrosse I highly suggest a visit in the summer. I can’t say I suggest a visit in the winter because, well I am not a fan of a lot of snow!
After the wedding my family headed to a cabin that my parents rented in a place on Lake Petenwell, Wisconsin. Ever heard of it? Well neither had I. It is about 45 minutes from the Wisconsin Dells and it took lots and lots of back roads to get to the lake house (we are talking no cell phone service or email). But boy was it beautiful!!
Lake Petenwell is actually not very built up. It is the second largest lake in Wisconsin so as you can imagine it was large, beautiful and peaceful.
We spent the week kayaking, pontooning, swimming, having bonfires and just enjoying each other’s company. My family all lives in different parts of the country so I cherish these trips where I get to spend quality time with them.
Then it was back to the routine Monday with a little more excitement Monday night. As we were quietly watching TV after my son went to sleep a bat flew at me in my house. Yes! In my house!! I screamed and literally threw the bowl of cherries I was eating across the room and ran upstairs. I must say—thank GOD for my husband! He chased that thing around our house and finally got it out. I still am very paranoid that there are more hiding in our attic or something, even though I am pretty sure there aren’t. Needless to say I am having someone come out and check out the attic to make sure we don’t have a nice little family of bats living up there.
Moving on to what you are really here for..a recipe! Today I am sharing a recipe that we make often in my house either on the grill or in the oven. Lemon Dill Salmon. I really like salmon and it has great health benefits so I make sure we eat it a few times a month or more. If you have been following along you also know I love lemon on just about anything and pretty much only drink water that has lemon in it. Obsessed! Dill is also a flavor I really like, especially mixed with lemon.
This salmon is really easy to make and just uses four main ingredients. Salmon, dill, lemon, olive oil (and a little salt and pepper). Lemon Dill Salmon is a great meal for a busy weeknight or a night when you are having guests over. I love to serve mine with a side of roasted cherry tomatoes, fresh broccoli and sautéed red potatoes. And..I am officially hungry all over again.
- 1 lb. salmon (I used two filets)
- 2 tsp. olive oil 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh dill or 1 Tbsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. crushed black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Remove salmon from packaging and lay on a baking sheet. If the salmon has skin lay the skin side down with the pink side facing up. If the salmon doesn’t have skin then either side is fine.
- Rub the salmon with the olive oil using your hands or a brush.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the salmon along with the fresh or dried dill.
- Lay the lemon slices over the salmon (keep a couple extras for squeezing over the finished salmon if you want).
- Cook the salmon in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the salmon flakes off with a fork.
If you have fresh dill on hand that is best but a lot of the time I don’t so I use dried.