Asian Chicken Noodle Soup uses a spicy chicken broth that is paired with chicken, carrots, fresh cilantro and green onions, Sriracha, lime juice and fresh ginger. This soups packs a lot of flavor into one bowl of soup.
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
I don’t know about you but I love a good, warm, spicy soup this time of year!
When the weather gets cold nothing warms me up better than a big bowl of soup. I especially love Asian inspired soups. Today’s Asian Chicken Noodle Soup is one I make a lot. It packs in protein with the chicken and then fresh vegetables, herbs and rice noodles. Oh, and don’t forget the spice from the sriracha!
If you are looking for soups I suggest adding this Spicy Asian Chicken and Noodle Soup to the rotation along with this lightened up, Spicy Asian Chicken Zoodle Soup, a version using zucchini noodles.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
BROTH: I used a chicken broth in this soup but you can also use a vegetable broth if you would like.
SHREDDED CHICKEN: Shredded or diced chicken works nicely in this soup. You can also save time by buying a rotisserie chicken and shredding that up to add to the soup.
VEGETABLES: Fresh vegetables are always nice in soup. This soup uses carrots, green onions and snap peas. Other vegetables that work nicely include zucchini, celery and mushrooms.
FRESH HERBS: Fresh herbs take soups to the next level. I suggest cilantro or Thai basil.
NOODLES: I used rice noodles in this soup but feel free to use your favorite. For a lighter version use zucchini noodles.
SPICE: I like my soups nice and spicy. Add as little or as much sriracha as you like!
WHAT MODIFICATIONS CAN I MAKE TO THIS SOUP?
Instead of chicken try using shrimp, ground chicken or ground pork instead.
Load up on fresh vegetables in your soup. Some I like include zucchini, celery, eggplant, mushrooms and bell pepper.
In place of the noodles you can use brown or white rice. You also can use zucchini noodles to lighten up the dish even more!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE CHECK OUT OTHER RECIPES:
GARLIC NOODLE SOUP WITH BOK CHOY // THE FORKED SPOON
Ginger Garlic Noodle Soup with Bok Choy is a nutritious, comforting, and flu-fighting twenty-minute recipe made with a vegetarian broth, noodles, mushrooms, and baby bok choy. You can easily make this Bok Choy Soup your own by adding chicken, shrimp, spicy chilis, or other veggies.
ASIAN VEGETABLE NOODLE SOUP // THE SAVORY VEGAN
This Asian Vegetable Noodle Soup is full of healthy veggies, protein packed tofu and gluten free noodles. The perfect vegan meal for the cold season.
ASIAN NOODLE SOUP WITH SHRIMP AND WONTONS // THE LEMON BOWL
This fast and flavorful Asian noodle soup recipe is made with chicken wontons, shrimp and vermicelli rice noodles.
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated (about 1 medium carrot)
- 1/2 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp Sriracha (hot chile sauce) (2 tsp for less spice)
- 2 tsp soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 (2 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 ounces uncooked wide rice noodles (rice-flour noodles)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, cilantro and green onion for garnish
- Bring the first 9 ingredients to a simmer in a large pot and let simmer for about 5-8 minutes (until vegetables are tender) and then turn to low to keep warm.
- Cook rice noodles according to package.
- Discard ginger from large pot, add lime juice and stir.
- Ladle 1 1/3 cups broth into a bowl and top with rice noodles, mint, cilantro and green onions (optional).