This Spicy Asian Chicken And Noodle Soup is a bowl full of delicious comfort food!
Spicy Asian Chicken And Noodle Soup
Winter + Cold = Soup.
I have made a whole lot of soup this winter. I love soup no matter what time of year but in winter forget about it.
March is here in one day and I figure I need to get in a few more soup recipes before Spring is in full swing (I won’t look back, will you?).
This Spicy Asian Chicken & Noodle Soup recipe is one I ripped out of a Cooking Light magazine (not obsessed, I promise) a while back and kept for a rainy snowy day. I have this problem –I go through my Cooking Light magazine and instead of just keeping the magazines to reference later I rip out each and every recipe that looks good to me and keep them in folders. The stack I have accumulated over the years is a little crazy. This blog has really helped me plow through a few of the recipes.
Back to this Spicy Asian Chicken & Noodle Soup. I am a big fan of the Asian flavors (especially the fresh grated ginger) that are used and the rice noodles add a silky texture. You can control the spice of this soup by adding more or less hot chili sauce (Sriracha) and could also modify the vegetables to your taste. The recipe is really easy to make, especially if you already have cooked chicken ready to use (I always have a rotisserie chicken that I use throughout the week for lunches and dinner so I used that).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links. This helps me keep my kitchen stocked with the ingredients I need to create delicious, healthy recipes for you!
Here are a couple of things you may need to make this spicy Asian chicken and noodle soup:Print
A light and flavorful chicken noodle soup with Asian flavors and a little bit of spice.
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated (about 1 medium carrot)
- 1/2 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp Sriracha (hot chile sauce) (2 tsp for less spice)
- 2 tsp soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 (2 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 ounces uncooked wide rice noodles (rice-flour noodles)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, cilantro and green onion for garnish
- Bring the first 9 ingredients to a simmer in a large pot and let simmer for about 5-8 minutes (until vegetables are tender) and then turn to low to keep warm.
- Cook rice noodles according to package.
- Discard ginger from large pot, add lime juice and stir.
- Ladle 1 1/3 cups broth into a bowl and top with rice noodles, mint, cilantro and green onions (optional).
Source: Cooking Light