Start with a delicious peanut butter blondie, swirl with even more peanut butter and then add in sweet peanut butter candies and you have these delicious Triple Peanut Butter Swirl Blondies!
Triple Peanut Butter Swirl Blondies
Today I have another fellow Chicagoan sharing a yummy recipe for Triple Peanut Butter Swirl Blondies (I just love peanut butter anything!). When I look at the pictures of those blondies I just want to reach into the screen! Stefanie from Sarcastic Cooking is one of the first blogs I found when I start blogging. It just so happened that after reading her blog for a while we both realized we lived in Chicago and then to make the world even smaller I worked down the street from where she lived. Stefanie comes up with creative recipes and always keeps me hungry!
Hi Cedar Spoon readers! I am so happy to guest post for Julia while she is vacationing with her family in Wisconsin. I hope she enjoys her little vacay and eats a lot of cheese and cheese curds! I know when I was recently in Wisconsin, I certainly did!
Now to what you came here for, the peanut butter!
I know there are a lot of you out there that are self-proclaimed peanut butter addicts. You know who you are; those of you that sneak a spoonful of peanut butter every now and then and proceed to eat it right off the spoon. I have never been one of those people.
Don’t get me wrong, I love peanut butter. One summer when I was 21 and working as a summer camp counselor, I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every single day. I could probably do that for the rest of my life. I could even do peanut butter and sliced banana sandwiches too! Peanut butter is just that simple flavor that calms that salty and sweet craving.
I know that Julia is a huge fan of peanut butter, especially desserts (check out her homemade peanut butter recipe). She is one of thooooose peanut butter on the spoon people. I knew she would love this blondie recipe that has peanut butter chips, Reese’s Pieces, and creamy peanut butter swirled throughout.
These Triple Peanut Butter Swirl Blondies are for that spoon licking peanut butter fiend. Just don’t forget the glass of milk on the side. You will need it!Print
- 1/2 Pound Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 10 Ounces Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 Cup Reese’s Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan. Set off to the side.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until light and smooth. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix on high for two minutes until creamy and well combined.
- With the mixer on low add the vanilla. Once combined, add each egg one at a time. Mix for a minute or two, scraping down the sides as needed, until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low add in the flour mixture. Mix until just about combined. It is ok to still see some flour in the batter.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the peanut butter chips and Reese’s Pieces. Mix until well combined. Add batter to the baking pan. Spread out in one even layer.
- Add the peanut butter to a small heat-proof bowl. Microwave peanut butter for thirty to sixty seconds until melted. Use a spoon to drizzle peanut butter all over the top of the batter. Then go over the drizzle with a toothpick. Gently swirl the peanut butter into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes. It is ok if a toothpick inserted into the center does not come out clean, they are still done. Cool completely in the pan and then cut into squares.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust.