Cranberry Muffins with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Streusel Topping are a great treat to bring to a breakfast or brunch or have at a wedding or baby shower. The sweet cranberries topped with the crunchy cinnamon brown sugar streusel topping will leave you wanting seconds.
Thanksgiving seems like so long ago even though it was really only two months ago. We spent Thanksgiving weeks at my parent’s house in Tennessee which meant lots of delicious cooking with my Mom! These Cranberry Muffins with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Streusel Topping were on the cooking agenda one day and they were a huge hit. I have been meaning to share them with you but they kept getting put on the back burner. They shouldn’t have though, because they are so tasty!
Muffins are always a huge hit in my house, especially with my son. He loves anything in the form of a muffin which is why I love making things like these Carrot and Zucchini Muffins so I can sneak some veggies in there! Cranberries are one of my favorite additions to breads and muffins but if you can’t find cranberries you could substitute blueberries or any other berry for that matter.
One of my favorite things about these muffins is the streusel topping. I love the crunchy cinnamon and brown sugar that tops the muffin and gives it that sweetness with every bite. These would be a great addition to a brunch or breakfast or even a baby or wedding shower. Or heck, do you really need a reason to make these? How about just because!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup cooking oil (olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Streusel Topping
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease twelve 2½ inch muffin cups or line with muffin tins, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moist (do not over stir--it should be lumpy).
- Gently fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling about ⅔ full.
- For streusel combine 2 Tbsp. melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over the muffins.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from the tins, serve warm.
For more yummy bread, muffin and pastry recipes head to my Bread Pinterest board!