Good Morning! I hope you guys are having a great week so far!
Today I am bringing you a quick, easy and flavorful dinner. Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Red Potatoes. The answer to my crazy weeknight slacking!
Why the slacking? I blame it on my new commute. Do you commute to work?
If you do then you can agree with me that it is no fun! Up until this week I had a 15 minute commute down to the exact minute. I took side roads to work and in Chicago that is a blessing. The highways can be a complete mess, especially during rush hour. You can imagine how upset I was when I learned that my company was moving and that my commute would now be 45 minutes on the highway…and that is a traffic free day.
Needless to say I have been working on ways to cut down time on things like cleaning, laundry and cooking during the week. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do and it is hard for me to give it up. I have been trying to make simple recipes during the week that don’t take a lot of time. Let’s be honest..the last thing I want to do after a long day of work and 2 hours of commuting is cook something complicated.
Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Red Potatoes is easy to prepare and roasts in the oven while you go about your night. It took me less than10 minutes to prepare and you can even cut the potatoes the night before to save time.
- 5 garlic cloves (3 minced;2 whole)
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil (a little extra to put on the bottom of the baking dish)
- 1½ lemons (1 lemon sliced; ½ of a lemon juiced and zested)
- ½ sweet onion, sliced
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 red potatoes, sliced
- 4 skin-on, bone in chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Put the sliced lemon on the bottom of the baking dish and sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Add the red potatoes, 2 whole garlic cloves and onion on top of the lemon. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl add the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest and whisk together.
- Coat each chicken breast in the lemon juice mixture and arrange the chicken over the potatoes.
- Drizzle the remaining lemon mixture on top of the chicken along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lay the two sprigs of rosemary over the chicken and the 1 whole garlic clove.
- Roast for 50-55 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Once cool serve the chicken and potatoes with a salad or a side of spinach.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did.